I know this one’s slightly heavier on the calories, but it makes for amazing breakfast. I especially enjoy it after a good swim on a sunny day, or just any morning truthfully. It’ll pack you with energy owing to the eggs. It’s quick and the ingredients are easily available, therefore making it an easy favourite.
You will need:
2 slices of bread (white, brown, multigrain, whatever works for you!)
4 slices of ham (even 2 is good, but I love to load up on the meat)
3 tablespoons butter
coriander, to garnish
1. Take a small pan (I have a perfectly square sized pan for this which you could find in the pots & pans section of your grocery store) and melt one teaspoon butter.
2. Put one slice of bread on the pan and flip till both the sides have enough butter and are brown.
3. Place the toasted bread on a plate.
4. Add another teaspoon of butter and do the same with 2 slices of ham one after another. Place both slices on top of the toasted bread.
5. Next, add another teaspoon of butter and break an egg. Fry it sunny side up until the yolk is slightly cooked and place it on top of the bread and ham.
6. Follow steps 1 to 5 again until you finally end up with a double decker open sandwich of 2 bread slices, 2 eggs and four layers of ham.
7. Add salt to taste. Garnish with coriander. And savour it with dijon mustard!