Currently Loving: Lemon Water
Lemon, just like its taste, can really kickstart your day. It’s a natural energiser & has plenty of vitamins and minerals that benefit health immensely.
And there’s no better time to start including it in your daily diet than now! It’s hot, humid and you definitely need a cheap & quick fix to refresh and energise you!
I’ve ditched my morning coffee (believe it or not) for a glass of lemon water, and I just had to share how glad I am to have done that.
1. Like I said, it’s a natural energiser! Trust me when I say that you won’t find a better way to kickstart your day. A glass of lemon water and an apple, and I’m out the door before I know it, right in time for my morning lectures!
2. It balances PH levels in your body: Just like apple cider vinegar, lemon water helps to balance the PH levels and keep your body alkaline.
3. It’s cleansing: Lemon water helps in flushing out unwanted material from your body, cleansing and detoxifying you well and making digestion easier. It also purifies and regulates your blood flow. But on the more visible front, you’ll see it clearing your blemishes and giving you better skin too. And what better than the fact that the cleansing helps in weight loss as well!
4. Cures a sore throat! I didn’t believe it myself at first. But my mum tells me to drink a strong glass of lemon water any time I felt a slight itch and it works like a miracle each time!
5. Helps boost your immunity: Lemon water gives you that good dose of vitamin C that your body needs to fight common cold and keep other problems such a breathing and allergies away.
There just couldn’t be an easier fix to most of your problems than lemon water.
I sometimes drink mine with mint leaves or add in a few fresh cut fruits too. But just ensure that you’re drinking the juice of freshly squeezed lemons and not the lemon juice you get off the shelf! It’s stripped off of all the benefits and is utterly pointless.
So drink up plenty of this miracle potion and tell me of any new ways in which you do!