Tuesday Temptation: Chocolate Mousse Tart
There’s nothing better than cheering yourself up mid-week.
This is one of my favourite dos for dessert. And I love the fact that you need no more than 20 minutes to make this and keep it away until it’s time to serve!
For the base:
2 packets of plain/chocolate digestive biscuits (or even 3, depending on how thick you like the base)
3 tablespoons of softened butter
For the mousse:
300 g dark chocolate
4 egg yolks
600 ml whipping cream
Fruits for garnishing
1. To make the base, crush all the biscuits well enough (I do this by throwing them all in a zip-lock bad and hitting it with a rolling pin)
2. Add the softened butter to the crushed biscuits and mix with your fingertips until the butter is evenly distributed and the mixture resembles moistened cookie crumble.
3. Take a flat glass dish/pan (about 10 inches) and press the crushed buttered biscuits into place as the base with your fingertips. Place this in the fridge.
4. Next, to make the chocolate mousse, chop the chocolate into small pieces.
5. Take 150 ml of whipping cream and bring to a boil over a medium-low flame. Add all the chocolate to this and gently stir with a spatula until it melts. Take the pan off the flame and keep aside.
6. Beat the egg yolks until they turn foamy.
7. Whisk the remaining whipped cream until stiff.
8. Mix the egg yolks into the melted chocolate mixture, and add in the rest of the whipped cream.
9. Remove the glass dish from the fridge and pour the chocolate mixture onto the biscuit base.
10. Put this into the refrigerator overnight to set. Serve with your choice of fruits as garnishing!
Don’t skip on your workout though!