Homemade Specials: Lemonade with Fresh Berries
Well, the summer’s gone but you’ll still find me only sipping on lemonade and coconut water. The afternoon heat really gets to me and I need to constantly cool my body down with a regular intake of fluids. So instead of sipping on just water, I sometimes turn to the good old classic lemonade recipe. And whenever I have some fresh fruits lying around, I throw them in! Blueberries taste delicious. And for those of you who have already figured out my love for berries will know that I sip on this while eating juicy blackberries dipped in a homemade raspberry compote.
Makes one pitcher
You will need:
Juice of 4-6 large lemons
2 litres of water
Sugar (depends on how sweet you’d like it to be)
1. In a large pan, bring the water to a boil.
2. To this, add the lemon juice.
3. Stir in the sugar after a few minutes until it dissolves.
4. Remove the pan from the stove and let it cool.
5. Serve it chilled with fresh fruits or even fruit ice cubes!
For those of you who can’t seem to acquire the taste for plain lemon water, this will help you reap the benefits too!