Breakfast Babies: Mini Egg Muffins
We all know how important breakfast is, yet we tend to skip it every day because of our busy schedules. Running out of home empty stomach is one of the worst ways to start off your day, so I’m here to save your tummy and your temper for the rest of the day.
These mini munchies are full of protein, and they taste just as great as a fluffy omelette. Another great thing is that you can make them, refrigerate them, and heat them in your oven before you head out.
The best part is that you can customise them just the way you like. Vegetables, cheese, bacon bits, whatever you wish!
So give the quick recipe a read & get baking:
You will need:
A muffin tray
Salt & Pepper to season
Mix-ins: Bacon bits, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, coriander, spinach, cheese, sautéed mushrooms (as you wish)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease the muffin tray well (with butter or light olive oil) to ensure a easy removal once the omelettes are done baking.
- Beat the eggs well (preferably the whites & yolks separately, and then mix them together as this makes the egg muffins fluffy) Add salt and pepper.
- Fill each lot of the muffin pan with the different mix-ins you chose and pour in the beaten eggs about half of each space on the tray (as they will rise once baking).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until you can poke the centers with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and allow to cool down for a few minutes before removing each egg muffin.
And there you have it! A dozen egg muffins to fill your stomach up with! Protein intake never felt better :)
Get baking, and drop in your suggestions below!
base photo: healthdish.ca