Summer Superfoods: Chickpea Salad
Well ever since I got onto the health and fitness bandwagon, I’ve been looking at meals that will fill me up without having to waste too much time in preparing them.
The usual meal of chicken and vegetables does me fine, but there are times I’ve had to run to class and I sincerely avoid eating food at the college canteen.
So this recipe is one I whip up in under 10 minutes, and it keeps me satiated through my lectures, until my next meal! Have a read.
You will need:
1-2 cups boiled chickpeas
1 red onion
1 small cucumber
50 gms feta cheese
1/2 cup black olives
basil, to garnish
1. Dice the tomatoes, onions and cucumber.
2. Chop up the basil. You could also split the olives into halves.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, stir well to mix.
4. Crumble the feta cheese onto your salad.
5. Squeeze a fresh lemon into the salad bowl. You could also add salt and pepper, though I avoid that step since the cheese brings in enough saltiness.
And that’s all. Enjoy as a mid meal snack or throw it into your lunch box and you’re good to go!